Aug 4, 2012

Busy Bee

And how to keep up with it all. I’m buzzing like a bee, both mentally and physically…back and forth from item to item, things to photograph, chores to be done like laundry, things to be written up and tagged, my turn cooking dinner, appointments, and some days I have that sense I didn’t get much done even though I really have when I look back. It’s been almost 2 weeks since I posted and meant to much sooner. It’s become too easy to use Facebook, but am realizing THAT part is becoming almost too overwhelming. For a while I got added to a whole bunch of different Groups and there are so many for polymer clay now. I mean how much can you handle and keep track of!? I decided to stick with a couple, but needed to go ‘no notification’ just for a while. I’m almost afraid to be left out of the loop!…but just don’t have the time and energy to social network as I’d like to. I know it’s good PR, but something has got to give. I also belong to a Beader’s Cafe since I also do beadwork. And the swaps I’ve participated in. I really enjoyed those and they really help renew that creativity. Just mailed my last item. I hosted a Polymer Clay Swap on the Facebook Group with the same name. Window Ornaments is or was the Theme. I can’t show you yet as my partner Kimberly hasn’t received hers yet, but soon!! August 15th is the deadline and we’ll be doing a blog hop then.
Anyway…this past week I spent a lot of time making these!!
4-DSC002833-DSC00282
…not enough! I need another batch this coming week, lol. If you feel like making these, I have a series of tutorials . And here are other things I’ve been making to turn into earrings and pendants…Maybe you’re familiar with my Batik and Shimmer (also found on ArtFire). I have two tutorials for this technique. A lot of people I meet ask me how I make them and when I describe it, it seems way over their head, especially for someone never having worked with polymer clay before. But…the occasional person will say “ohhh, is that like Fimo?” YES!! and that makes me feel excited in a good way. People don’t call it Philo or Filo anymore!! you know…that pastry stuff, lol. Used to get that a lot. Not anymore. Yay!
04-DSC0765508-DSC07659
I’ve also made a few other pebbles for jewelry. Maybe I should just sell the beads…
10-DSC07642
13-DSC07639
There are many other things non-polymer clay but more resin in nature…
03-DSC07649
08-DSC07644
I could show you more things I made, but that would mean taking more photos. Next time! Tomorrow is a reward day. A visit with an old friend I haven’t seen in a few years and then a couple of hours at the Lake!! yay…see you soon.

3 comments:

Lupe Meter said...

Love those resin Butterfly creations, Tina!! Oh, your shimmering batik, how I miss playing with that technique! I so wanted to participate in your window ornament but I was gone for two weeks (vacation), came down with a virus a week after and construction was not completed on my home. Just got my studio up several days ago. Now it is time to work on my 52 pair of earrings which I am so behind on and the Bead Soup Party. I know what you mean about trying to get so many things done. Glad you had time to visit an old friend, that is always a treat. Looking forward to seeing all wonderful window ornament creations!

Unknown said...

Lovely colours.Love adn hugs Tanya

Lori Bowring Michaud said...

Oh, my, goodness! I thought those were real pebbles! Those butterflies! What talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...