May 11, 2010

Polymer Clay Batik Hearts

I had a bit of the purple polymer clay batik sheet left over, so made some matching heart earrings for the necklace I had posted on Facebook 
I felt like hearts today...
Here is another view of it, with a penny for size...
Heart Earrings to match...
Or even round studs or clip ons...

I tried to photograph the hearts above at an angle so one can get an idea of the layer of resin. The hearts are about 1 inch tall. I always make the pendants with my signature flower bails. Some flower bails are larger, either with a larger flower or with a black lava bead added. I sand and buff all my pendants, but the teeny 1/2 inch beads are a bit hard to hold, so they only get a quick little sanding to take the sharp edges off.
The necklace heart pendant measures 1 5/8 inch tall, not very big, but I figured some like smaller heart pendants also, so I came up with these...

And even teenier earrings too...these ones measure 1/2 inch tall and with the onyx and hook 1 1/2".


2 comments:

2 Good Claymates said...

Love the colors in the hearts. They are so rich looking.

Michelle | photo on canvas printing said...

Really love the heart! The blend of colors are amazing! Especially the green emerald one. Good craft.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...