Feb 18, 2010

Dragonflies and Butterflies

Am having a good response to these crackled resin and polymer clay insects to which I'm adding a little hardware or watch gears. Am having a lot of fun with making dragonflies and butterflies, arranging them on barrettes, as pins, earrings and pendants. Right now the barrettes are in the oven as I decided to attach the metal clips with clay strips. The 2 part epoxy I had applied yesterday...they just snapped off when I pried them. Perhaps I wasn't totally accurate with the mixing of hardener and resin. As I mentioned before I have a hard time with 'measuring', lol.
 
  
 

5 comments:

Ann said...

Really Gorgeous Tina - the dragonfly is so pretty!! Beautiful work xx

Sonja said...

Love those crackles. And butterflies and dragonflies :) I'm always amazed by your work.
Hope next time resin stays where it should.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your dragonflies and butterflies, Tina...and the crackles and watch parts really add a little flair to them! Beautiful!

Elena said...

J'adore!!
Sorry,je ne parle pas l'anglais...
Mais,j'aime beaucoup ce que tu fais.

Kiss,Elena

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Oooo Tina your dragonflies are gorgeous! I can see why you're getting a good reaction to them! The other pieces are great too but it its the dragonflies that I really love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...