Jan 12, 2008

PEBLS, Toggles, Wire and getting wired...



Using some of my handmade polymer clay Pebls alongside one of my new toggle clasps which I made a few days ago. Hammered and forged some heavy wire links.
I'll be doing a demo at the upcoming "Sojourn" and figure I need to be prepared a bit better than having my supplies on hand. I'll have 30 minutes to show various techniques and am not too used to having a time-limit, so this evening I'll use a timer and do a 'step by step' for my daughter and see what I can fit in. There are so many techniques for wire, almost endless possibilities, but I'll keep my focus on earring hooks, hoops, wire frames, how to manipulate wire and texture it. I guess the only thing I'm not looking forward to is bringing my heavy tapping block as I'll be carrying not only my pastamachine and clay by bus, but also this 2 lb block of steel, lol. I think I'll better plan on a 'rolling' suitcase, although I'll still have to limit myself to what I can lift! Boy, that won't be easy, but I'm getting wired to GO!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Tina I love the evolution of your blog it looks really good.

DrMom said...

Hello.
You and your blog are recipients of the YOU MAKE MY DAY award.
You can learn more at my blog http://www.judaicajournal.blogspot.com
THANK YOU for making my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...