Mar 27, 2012

Tentacles and out of the box

I’m really in the mood to make some non-regular Earrings, ear hangers, gauges, posts, clip-on type. Although I like any style of familiarity when it comes to earrings, I feel the need to get out of using the same style of hooks and just dangling something from them. Those have become too routine and I need to get out of the box and explore a bit more. Anyone else feel like that?

Just recently when I made these dragons #8, my mother who is turning the big seven O this year requested to please send them to her. I asked if she really would want to wear these and she replied “oh YES!” I already had someone else request them, so made another pair. Then she saw these and wanted them too. She still looks good with her auburn long hair, so yes, I can imagine them, but requested a photo…not sure if she’ll let me post it here tho, lol.

So, after my daughter snagged these earrings, I went about and created this similar pair as well as the next with faux glass droplets which is number 12 on the 52 earrings a year challenge. Both use my crackle technique.DSC07179

DSC07180

The next is #13 and has a Theme…”Twigs” and a few people have already begun to post them…so I better work on that, although the above pair looks kind of twiggy.

1 comment:

Lupe Meter said...

I am with you, Tina...need to also get away from the regular ear wires. I just bought some wire in hopes of making my own. We will see. Love these type of earrings. This style is really in. Though, I can't think of anything yet that would go with that style...guess, I will have to put my thinking cap on for that one. I did see some on Pinterest but they were made of carved wood and beautiful. I really love yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...