Feb 11, 2008

Polymer Clay Tiles anyone?


I'm leaning toward listing polymer clay tiles as a theme. These tiles are either stamped or done with transfers. I prefer the picture transfer method I've developed using Flecto Varathane because it gives a matte finish. Personally, I don't like the 'rubbery' transfers resulting from the liquid clays. Its not a totally perfect method mind you because if one doesn't burnish the image onto the clay completely, some parts could be missing. This is most noticeable in the cartouche transfer which has some of the edging missing. Very minute though and can easily be covered up with a frame as in the picture below. What do YOU think?

3 comments:

France said...

Hi Tina!
I love that Mummy one, and I think the Glyph one with the bit missing looks great! and YAY someone who finally shows the "tails" side of a coin when taking a picture instead of the HEAD!!! People show heads... Many people are not too familiar with the "head" side of coins, and Canadian coins all have the face of the queen on them, and I sometimes can't tell the 5c from the 25c on a picture, at least the TAIL side gives a much better idea!
Then again, here in Australia, 5c pieces are the size of dimes, and 20c pieces are the size of 25c pieces, and 10c pieces are somewhere in between... no 25c here!
hmmm, sounds like a topic for a blog, compare "tails" sides of US, Canada, and Australian coins!!! Where's my piggy bank?

Beadcomber said...

Hi France,
you are right about the heads! I thought about that when I took the pics. Why not show the maple leaf with Canada and the flip side of Lincoln to show USA. People recognize countries but not each others 'leaders'.
I like your idea of a coin blog! There is so much to say about it, lol.

roof tiles said...

These are wonderful! I love how the acrylic paint gives it a glazed look....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...