Mar 6, 2009

Friendship Hand Pendant-pins in Polymer Clay



Polymer Clay Friendship Hand pendant pin combos with a ceramic-like finish and look. To achieve it I didn't use liquid polymer clay like on other pendants. I find that some liquid clays can mimic ceramics quite well and I've done that, but if the texture is not deeply etched, the liquid clay sort of pools here and there. If you have been following my blog you can probably tell that this colour, an amazonite/teal is my favorite. Black and silver and dark are other colours of choice, but I feel this colour goes year-round and compliments so many colours of clothing.
You may have guessed it, I've been working on turning this into a tutorial, including the imitative ceramic 'circle dot' beads. Should be finished by tomorrow.
The stencil is a little PhotoEz silk screen which I put on Etsy along with some others. The pins will be going up too, just in case anyone wants a finished one, ready to go (smile).

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hey Tina

The faux ceramic looks really good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...