Mar 19, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Party Partner: Jen VanBenschoten

Looks like I’m skipping Phase 3 of my Vases instead of adding the other components I had prepared. I decided I liked them better as they are with the bright faux abalone speaking for itself. Sometimes ‘less is more’.

About more! I’ll have some more beading to do!! About a week ago some gorgeous beads showed up in my mailbox all the way from New Jersey. My Bead Soup Blog Party partner this year is Jennifer VanBenschoten. Beaders should be familiar with the name because Jennifer is the Editor of  Interweave Press’ Beading Daily! ‘Beadwork’ and ‘Step by Step Wire Jewelry’ magazines are just a couple of fabulous hardcopies that Interweave publishes. I’ve had the pleasure of having a wire macrame tutorial published in a past issue of Step by Step Wire. I need to renew my subscription!

When I opened the package and read Jen’s note I had to giggle…yes I LOVE sparkle! Jen hit my taste spot-on. Jen sent me two bead soups. The colours are amazing and look at the dichroic cabochons!! The clasps are beautiful with colour reflecting vintage swarovski crystals.
DSC07988DSC07989

I’ve already started on the purple set of beads, but can’t show you yet what I’m making, although I may post a sneak peak soon. Jen and I are in the 2nd reveal of the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party which takes place on April 6th. You can visit Lori Anderson’s blog to learn more about this annual Party which this year tops 500 participants from all over the Globe!

I sent Jen some of my handmade beads. Will be fun to see what she’ll create with these.
DSC07901DSC07900

6 comments:

DVArtist said...

AAhhh you are so lucky to have Jen for your partner. She showed the beads you sent to her on her site as well. Can't wait to see what both of you create.
Nicole/Beadwright

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Ooooh, purple and blue look GREAT together, Tina. I'm sure Jen will be excited to work with your amazing OOAK beads, too!

steufel said...

Ohh, it was such fun the last time to swap beads with you. I'm still sooooooooooo in love with the necklace I was able to create with your to die for beads:-)

Unknown said...

The handmade beads are absolutely lovely! I love the steampunk touch they have...

Mags said...

Wow! Great soups, all of them! I love that urchin one and the purple sparkle :-D

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Fantastic that you are partnered with Jennifer of Beading Daily! And Jennifer is just as lucky!! Wonderful partnering for Bead Soup Blog Party 7. I can't wait to see what you both create with those beautiful soups.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...