Jan 17, 2011

Polymer Clay Heart Pendants and Ancient Jewelry Series

This is my 22nd year with polymer clay. Seems like so long ago that I began to work with this wonderful chameleon-like material. It can mimic so many materials, stone, bone, wood, metal... with the exception of one long sought after...truly transparent glass. While we have translucent clay, it alone can't harness the shine. Sanding and buffing translucent clay is an arduous task and still doesn't compare to the silica based glass. We've added resin to this material, but are still limited to flat and level surfaces. Using thick glossy lacquers are limiting in dimensionality. There is still much left to explore and discover.
I've revisited some of my past work again...and returned to metal pulvers and mica's especially for my latest hearts some of which have an industrial steampunk look and also for the Ancient jewelry series or renaissance jewelry.






3 comments:

Claire Maunsell said...

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your thoughts so regularly in your blog - not to mention all your fabulous ideas! Here's to the next 22! (raises glass..)

Unknown said...

As someone very new to PC, I'm so very glad I found your blog through PCC on fb. The hearts are just gorgeous. I really had no idea of the tremendous possibilities of pc.

Beadcomber said...

Glad you find these inspiring :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...