Oct 29, 2007

Taking proper pics ain't easy

Learning to take proper pics isn't easy. I thought it was, but being forever picky and not wanting to spend eons in a photoshop program, lol, welllll...
First I built one of those cardboard photo boxes. That didn't last because the paper inside kept getting crumpled. I looked at professional light boxes online, but spending more than a $100 bucks wasn't very appealing. So I finally bought one of those large clear frosted tote bins and some posterboard to line the inside, all for $12 bucks. I already have 3 daylight lamps for working. They aren't all the same, but they work. I had to fiddle with the exposure level in the camera. First tried EV-.3 and white balance for indoors. Awful! Everything had a blue tinge and very dark, even with all the lights. Finally worked myself up to a EV+1.0 and white balance on Auto. Much better.


Can't decide whether I like the EV+1.0 or +1.3 which is even brighter....What do you think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Like the 1.3 best. Can see the details better. Lovely work.

Anonymous said...

wandered in from pc daily site. love your photo solution - so elegantly simple

Laura Green B. said...

I like also 1.3 better. Thanks for the tips, I'm still struggling to get some decent photos.

Diamond said...

I like the 1.3 much better. It seems to show the true colors of the item being photographed. The light and the white make everything look clean.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...