Jun 10, 2012

Nemo’s Garden

A local Gallery asked me to create a few more higher end pieces and of course bead embroidery is one of those things. Polymer Clay accents are an important aspect as I can create my own unique focal pieces for that instead of adding only generic type of stones.

This bracelet cuff dubbed Nemo’s Garden was initially planned to include a few curled waves for the bracelet shape, but the sketched out design didn’t work for me. The other thing I wasn’t too sure of were the colours because I tend to work in dark shades of bronze, hematite, black, oil slick and silver. In general though I’m quite pleased how it turned out including the gentle wave shape. I used polymer clay urchin cabochons, mother of pearl discs, pearls and locally found beach glass. The piece was beaded on perlon fusible webbing, then stitched onto Ultrasuede with an inner aluminum bracelet blank.

8-DSC000833-DSC000882-DSC000891-DSC00090

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

gorgeous!

Cara Jane said...

wow that's beautiful!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Gorgeous gallery work! Congratulations and lucky are those who may now buy your jewelry art at the gallery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...