Apr 27, 2012

Bead Soup Swap

This is my first participation in a Bead Soup Swap that Lori Anderson put together. There is no blog hop or reveal for this swap, just a simple trade. I was partnered with another Canadian, Alicia Marinache of “All the Pretty Things” from Burlington, Ontario. You can visit her link to see what I sent her which were some of my handmade focals and beads, yes, made from polymer clay.
For the swap we were told to include a unique clasp, that is anything other than a lobster clasp. After a quick discussion of our likes or dislikes we then put together a mix of beads, either random or coordinated and challenge our partners to create something with them. We don’t have to use all the beads in the mix, but are encouraged to use as many as we can and we may also add our own beads and components to the soup.
This is what Alicia sent me…a ceramic heart, czech glass, quartz crystal, freshwater pearls, coral and an agate focal and a handmade clasp. There are also some red, white and blue lampwork beads. I'm always challenged when it comes to using glass beads, so will have to think those out.
DSC07305
DSC07306DSC07308
I especially like the teardrop agate. This is what I came up with so far. I had a hard time matching the blue of the agate, but it had some turquoise shades along the white stripe, so I used that which matches really nicely with some of my fossil agate that I have in stock. I wire wrapped the ceramic heart and used the coral in clusters, along with some of my branch coral and a metal pendant for a dangle.
DSC07316DSC07314
DSC07311DSC07312
Which one to wear first??? I do like them both...
Tomorrow more about Polymer Clay…

2 comments:

Myra Katz said...

Both necklaces are lovely!

Alicia said...

Oh, dear - you sure did those beads justice!!

I LOVE what you did with the agate drop, it's probably the most elegant and beautiful way to use it I've ever seen. I've always said that simplicity spells elegance.

And the ceramic heart - splendid idea to wrap it like that. Lovely - I didn't think to pair the heart to the coral (although now, seeing it here I wonder 'why not?').

Definitely 2 necklaces to wear - I LOVE them both :)

Thanks for playing along - now you put some pressure on me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...