Jan 30, 2012

52 Earrings and Sanding Tip

I’ve just finished a couple more earrings to catch up with the 52 pairs of Earrings challenge since I joined a little late. Here is another pair and will post the other ones hopefully later tonight.

DSC06874

Here is a sanding tip. I always have to grope for the right piece of sandpaper in the bottom of the basin and look at the back which grit it is. Time consuming as it is, sanding isn’t my favourite part of claying, so now I use a small basin with the grit papers from bottom right clockwise, 320, 400, 600 and 800. Now I always know where they are! The little shallow pan has a flat bottom so I can easily sand the edges. I think I may try to use a two sided tape to hold them down, but for now, a couple of fingers hold them in place while I sand with the other hand.

DSC06878

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...