Feb 23, 2011

Imitative Rocks and Ryolite

Just when I thought Spring was around the corner I wake up to Snow on the ground. Everytime I'm on the Beach I collect a few rock samples, but this morning the snow had even blanketed the pebbles on the beach, so I kept my hands in my pockets.
 Imitative Rocks and Beach Pebbles from Polymer Clay are a passion of mine and probably for many others as well. There seems to be something facsinating about rocks, maybe it's the shapes, the colours, the textures.

Recently Christina Kosinski shared with me her interpretation of my Ryolite Tutorial. I quite like the Bhudda...You can find it on her ArtFire site.

If you'd like to share rocks you've made with my tutorials, email me or leave a comment.
And should you want to create your own pebbles, but don't know where to start, I have 3 tutorial series package. All 3 in a bundle (for more than a dozen rocks) or if you want to try one pebble at time, there is Ryolite, you can find a variety of them, all of them on my ArtFire as well.


2 comments:

PolymerClayTutor said...

Oh Tina I love that Buddha! What a great interpretation of your tutorial. Isn't it cool what your students can come up with?

Weird weather we have been getting this year Eh? Winter in the Fall and Spring... Spring in the Winter. My plants are so confused, they don't know what to do. Hopefully they just get a little tougher instead of dieing altogether. Here's to some real Spring weather and no more snow on the beach!

~Cindy

Christina said...

Tina thank you so much for showing off my Buddha Ryolite Bracelet. I so enjoy your tutorials and have made some more of the ryolite type but of a different color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...