Apr 12, 2010

Versatile pendant - clip on and off

I didn't have time to work on any polymer clay today, but thought I'd give you a break from my daily bracelet and color challenge by posting something that may be of interest to you.

A local gallery once mentioned to me that on ocassion a customer will comment "oh, I'd like that necklace better without the pendant" or "I'd like that pendant but would like it on a plain cord". Well, it isn't always easy to have the right piece for a customer, but how about letting them choose? This way, a pendant can  be worn evenings in a more elegant way and during the day it can be worn casually on a cord.
A couple of years ago I started making a few of my pendants with lobster clasps, so they can be clipped onto a nice beaded cord, a plain cord, a chain or even used as a zipper pull. Works like a charm (pun intended), lol

3 comments:

2 Good Claymates said...

I always like things that are more versatile! Must be connected to being able to multi-task!?

Love the beaded necklace as well.

claramints said...

Quelle bonne idée ce pendentif amovible!!

DVArtist said...

I am with you Tina, I often make necklaces with clip on and off focal beads. It is a nice change.
Nicole/Beadwright

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...