Jan 16, 2010

Tofino Beach Drift - Polymer Clay Pebbles and Rocks

Been hiding in my studio to work on some new polymer clay jewelry, namely my beach pebbles. Filled with new inspiration I'm giving my 2010 line a lift, by including some driftwood pieces. The recycled glass looks like beach glass which of course goes well with stones and driftwood.

Among the beach pebble jewelry are a few Inuksuits (plural of Inukshuk) which were re-requested by a local gallery. The Inukshuk also forms the basis of the logo of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. You may want to google some interesting facts about this symbol. I'm having another idea on how to incorporate this into some work.

These pieces will be among others that I'll be taking to an upcoming Wholesale Show near Victoria. Stay tuned for more Tofino Beach Drift...

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning - your work is inspiring.

Sonja said...

Love your beach pebbles, looks soo real :)

thomi said...

I'm wonderring - it come across as real - love your pebbles

Unknown said...

WOW!~What amazing work!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Oooo I love the bracelet Tina! So cool. You've captured the look and feel of Tofino right on your wrist!

WTF Store said...

I found you through the Sunshine Award. I LOVE that Inukshuk! It's almost too bad that the Olympics turned it into a commercial symbol. Yours are just as charming as the real thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...