Apr 11, 2010

Polymer Clay Batik Bracelet - Color Challenge

This Polymer Clay Batik Bracelet color challenge imposed on myself is kind of fun. This one was supposed to incorporate pink, black and gold. The pink is very subtle underneath the surface treatment of golden bronze and texturing, but my husband commented with a big smile 'very regal' when he saw it finished. Little did he know the pink was a scrap blend from red, alazarin, white and gray...


I actually had to look up what 'regal' means, lol. I knew it had something to do with 'royalty', but can also mean 'magnificent and splendid'. Magnificent, well I don't know as that reaches quite high, but perhaps splendid is good :).
This bracelet has a bit of Asian influence with the Bronze flowers in the center of the ovals. I had ordered these from an Etsy shop located in Hong Kong because I wanted bronze 'somethings' including some bronze sequins that go well with steampunkery . The beads also have some Japanese text, but just a hint here and there. The little beads I added on the ovals give the beads a pagoda or antique effect. I guess I'm pleased...

Tomorrows challenge...a long beach hike and perhaps another color challenge...

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Your hustband is right....I would have just said gorgeous. I am enjoying your self imposed color challenges. They are great

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Tina, I'm the Queen and I'm sure this bracelet would look great on me. It's VERY REGAL just like us girls.

Anonymous said...

I love the new colors and especially the little details that you have added...like the metal embellishments and the beads on the ends of the ovals. Exquisite!

DVArtist said...

ohhh now I really like what you have done here. Very Nice!
Nicole/Beadwright

Beadcomber said...

Thanks so much...I'm planning on more colors. Can't wait to get out into my studio. Ah...wait a minute. I need to get out there and clean it up again. After each project comes chaos.

Carolyn Fiene said...

Tina - Just an FYI: I added your wonderful blog to my blog list. You can see it at: dovedesigns.blogspot.com. I hope you'll visit and maybe add me to your blog list. Thanks. ~Carolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...